Add This

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Don't tell my kids, but...

With Florida a few weeks away, the workout regime has been kicked up a notch. I've added some serious weights to the regular running schedule. I love the way I feel after an hourlong workout, but getting myself motivated to head into the basement is not always easy.

I'm a HUGE fan of the iPod, which makes the workout much more appealing when you can program your own pumped up soundtrack directly into your ears. You would laugh your tush off if you saw my soundtrack. It's about as eclectic as it comes — got a few show tunes (I can't sit still when Catherine Zeta Jones and Renee Zellweger sing, "I Move On"), love that British bad boy Robbie Williams, then I move into a few bluesy tunes with a good beat and end the high-charged segment with "Sweet Home, Chicago." My run usually winds down with a little Van Morrison.

Lifting weights requires another level of high-powered tunes altogether. A new addition is something I found in Ryan's iTunes library. It's Kanye West's "Golddigger." Love the mix with Jamie Foxx adding his Ray Charles' in the background, while Kanye raps. The groove just rocks and though the language is pretty off color, it sure is great when pushing through a tough weight workout.

Hey, whatever it takes. Just don't tell the kids I dig Kanye West.

Get down, girl, go 'head get down.

No comments: