Add This

Friday, July 23, 2004

Deflated balloon

Ever have days when you feel as if the wind and the very life has been sucked out of you? Today is one of those days.

My house is filled with yelling and door-slamming. Everyone is overtired and sick of each other. I'm sitting here trying to finish a story I started on Monday, wondering how in God's name I'm going to get it done and tend to the discord with any degree of effectiveness.

The mailman failed, once again, to deliver the much-needed checks I'm waiting on, but of course carried the usual assortment of bills. Do they purposely deliver bills on Friday and Saturday, intending to ruin your weekend? Of course it's not the mailman's fault, but it makes me feel better to blame SOMEone.

What I'd really like to do is go to sleep for a few days (preferrably a dreamless sleep) and wake up on Monday after everyone is well-rested, the laundry is magically finished, the house is spotless and the checks that are past-due have arrived. Since escape is not an option, I'll muscle my way through the rest of the story I'm working on and take the kids to the pool in the hopes that a change of scenery will do us all a little good.







No comments: