Add This

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Addicted to the blue glow

I can't sleep. Had too much coffee tonight. Caffeine or no caffeine, I don't seem to need much sleep these days. There are just too many good things to read. My brain is a bit on overdrive and I think I'm just going to roll with it for now. It's invigorating. I'm drawn to the blue glow of my laptop at night like a butterfly to a blossom. And so I devour articles I never seem to have time to read during the day...The New Yorker, Washington Post, New York Times. You'd think I would at least turn on a light. But no, I'm sitting in the dark, which is silly because I don't have my contacts in and can't see without hovering close to the screen. Surely this cannot be good for my already weakening eyesight. I leave the light off because I'm always thinking I'll just skim a few pieces and head to bed. Good writing is like a drug and when I'm enraptured, I can't seem to pull away from the magnetic blue glow. And so I read, hoping that sleep comes soon....

No comments: