Add This

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New blog is a marvel

What a wonderful writerly mid-week treat! One of my favorite Cleveland writers is now blogging. Kristin Ohlson is now blogging at Book of Marvels. Here's an excerpt from her first post explaining the name.

When I was a kid, one of my favorite books was Richard Halliburton's Book of Marvels. It had a section for Wonders of the New World (which included the Golden Gate bridge, something I'd been driven over many times) and Wonders of the Old World, which included (I think) The Hanging Gardens of Babylon and Queen Zenobia's desert city. The old wonders made me mad with desire and probably changed forever what I thought I'd be and see in the world.

Kristin is the author of Stalking the Divine, a beautiful book that follows the cloistered Poor Clares, but also follows her own spiritual journey back to the Catholic faith.

No comments: