Add This

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Daydreaming

The boys and I had a chat recently about the value (and appropriateness) of daydreaming. I for one am one of those parents who wholeheartedly believes in the power of the imagination and letting it wander to the hinterlands (just not while getting ready for school in the morning). Time is of the essence.

Sadly, I've no time for daydreaming this week. But thought I'd share the lyrics of one of my favorite daydreaming tunes. Consider this my gift of a 10-second daydream. Who knows, these Duke Ellington/Billy Strayhorn lyrics could send you off into a hazy reverie...

Day dream why do you haunt me so?
Deep in a rosy glow
The face of my love you show

Day dream I walk along on air
Building a castle there
For me and my love to share

Don’t know the time
Buddy I’m in a daze
Sun in the sky
While I move around, feeling hazy

Day dream don’t break my reverie
Until I find that she
Is daydreaming just like me.

No comments: