Add This

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Updates and stuff

You may have noticed that I'm not posting as regularly as I have in the past. Or maybe you didn't and I'm just kidding myself that anyone other than my family reads regularly enough to notice. Anyway, thought I'd give you a quick update as to my activities by way of explanation.

First, in case the lung-crushing heat hadn't tipped you off, it's summer. That means I've got my munchkins home and clamoring for daily trips to the pool, summer hoops, baseball games, etc. After the debacle that was last summer, I've made a concerted effort to scale back on the workload to be a better mom to them. We've managed to hit the pool nearly every afternoon and I've sat through many a baseball game in this blistering heat. I haven't been exposed to this much sun since I was a teenager. Thank God for the 15 block.

I am working on a couple of bigger projects, including a book project that is taking up most of my working hours (roughly 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.).

But the biggest reason for fewer posts is that I've been on a pitching binge of late and that requires intense focus. I've been pitching essays and articles to national mags and have actually landed a review assignment for PAGES magazine. Very excited about that one.

Mostly I'm focusing my personal essay writing and need to channel the energies usually reserved for the blog toward that effort. I'll try to keep up with the posting, but it won't likely be five days a week as in the past until summer ends and I have more time to spend on thoughtful posts.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: