Add This

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Zinsser still rules!

Was in Border's in Westlake this morning, picking up a graduation gift for my mentee. I nearly gasped in horror when I couldn't immediately locate a copy of William Zinsser's "On Writing Well." Fortunately, I picked up the last one after I found it had been misshelved. When I was checking out, I politely mentioned to the clerk that they ought to order more copies since it IS graduation season and this is probably THE most important book for any college graduate. With a calm smile, she informed that there was a box of copies in the back because they sell two or three of them a day! Now that's music to my ears...

Ever notice how The New Yorker mag makes frequent use of the umlaut (as in reenergize)? Ever know anyone who casually throws the word umlaut into conversation? I do.

No comments: